Wait for input to DIN

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
losco70
Bot?: No

Wait for input to DIN

Post by losco70 »

Hi,
is there a way to assert the exit condition "wait for input" to a din?
My scenario is this:
Process0
state Heat&Recirculate HLT
I want an alarm trigged when I reach 50 celsius, stop the alarm (this work), do some manual operation (open valve, etc) and go to the next state pressing a button on my panel .

Thank you
oakbarn

Re: Wait for input to DIN

Post by oakbarn »

Yes you can

Wire a DIN through a switch. A Momentary Push Button works best.

Make sure your BCS is un powered when working with the wiring.

Connect on leg of the switch to the 5vdc and the other leg to you DIN.

Set your DIN Enabled and One Shot.

Set as Exit Condition of a State
din.png
din.png (53.65 KiB) Viewed 9263 times
losco70

Post by losco70 »

Hi Oakbarn,
thank you for your answer but I have already done what you describe (and it works).
What I mean is to define an exit condition where source type is something else (eg: temp probe) and next state is "wait for input" where the "wait for input is trigged by my panel button and not by the web interface.

The scenario I would like to reach is to have an alarm trigged on exit condition and a wait for input from my panel.
Now I work around using two state: the first perform operation and trig the alarm on exit calling the next one that use a digital input (as you describe) to go to the next one
But I don't think that this soluton is optimized.

Luca
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Wait for Input as the "Next State" does not actually Exit the State. Basically, it just sets Off the Alarm.

Any Outs are still selected as they were before the "alarm exit" (Wait for Input).
Timers Continue to Count
Registers ASSERTED remain so.
Processes ASSERTED or KILLED on Exit are not.
ALL OTHER EXIT CONDITIONS REMAIN "ACTIVE".

That means you could setup the "Next State" DIN as another Exit Condition and when the switch is closed, the State that was "Wait for Input" would now truely exit the State, causing all the normal Exit widgets to do what they should, except the Alarm will not trigger again.

If you have a Mash State (State 0) with Alarm on Exit

Exit (0) Mash Timer (Timer 0) => 01:30:00 Wait For Input
Exit (1) Next State (DIN 0) On Sparge (State 1)

After 90 minutes, the State will flash Yellow, the Alarm will Sound. Nothing else happens until you do something. If you have setup a "Next State" DIN, it will jump to the Sparge (State1) when it is pressed.
losco70

Post by losco70 »

This evening I will try... thank you! :)
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

The only issue that I have found is that if you have more than a Single Process running, each has its own State that is "running" If you set up a DIN as a "Next State" and it is set as an Exit for both States that are running, they will both Exit if the Next State is pushed. You have to provide the correct logic. I actually have two different State advance buttons for that case. I have a Brew Day Process that only advances with a DIN turned on. When I am brewing, it is Always Running. I do use the Assert and Kill Process (on Exit) to start my other Processes on a Brew Bay.