Alarm to Ring on Android

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
bennon
Bot?: No

Alarm to Ring on Android

Post by bennon »

I have my electric brewery set up in the dark recesses of my basement and built my control panel based on the assumption that the BCS-460 alarm would sound on my phone (samsung galaxy 6) and/or my android tablet (google nexus 7). I didn't buy a physical alarm for the control panel which I could obviously do, but I often am either on the third floor of my house or outside taking care of responsibilities (children, yard, intruders, etc.) and wouldn't be able to hear the alarm on the control panel.

The big question: am I doing something wrong w/ my programming that is not allowing the alarm to ring on the above referenced devices or is this not an available function?

thanks in advance,

bennon
brahn

Re: Alarm to Ring on Android

Post by brahn »

You are not doing anything wrong. Mobile browsers handle audio differently than desktop browsers, I have not been able to get the alarm audio to play in any mobile browsers yet.
bennon

Post by bennon »

Dang, that's a bummer. If any ECC employees are reading this, I'd put in a request to try to get this to work. It'd be much appreciated!
brahn

Post by brahn »

I write the firmware for the BCS. I also brew primarily on mobile device(s), so I hear you.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I have an SSR (Out 10) that is an Alarm. I have a Doorbell, A switched Siren (when I am out of the room only as it is very LOUD!) and a Rotating Red Light when the Alarm is Asserted. I do have Alarm to set Reg 10 in Settings.

Reg 10 Turns on the Out 10 (Alarm).
Din 7 Kills Reg 10 which also kills Out 10
LL_Alarm.png
LL_Alarm.png (21.63 KiB) Viewed 9788 times
My computer in is another room so I cannot hear that alarm on that computer although I do use a Chrome Cast to a TV and that alarm is easy to hear if I have the TV Volume up.

I also use my Iphone 6 when Brewing.

The Light and Siren was from Amazon and the Doorbell and Transformer from Home Depot.
bennon

Post by bennon »

Wow that's a pretty slick setup oakbarn...I may have to invest in something similar. Thanks for the reply!