Deciding to upgrade to 4.0

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
faintinggoat
Bot?: No

Deciding to upgrade to 4.0

Post by faintinggoat »

Good Morning,

I'm stuck on the fence, trying to decide if i want to upgrade to ver 4.0.

I've been using my BCS-460 commercially in a 2BBL nanobrewery for about 1 1/2 years running 3.7.0. I recently started reading on using the HMI builder to do custom graphics, and I understand that feature goes away in 4.0. Is it possible to do custom displays with the API builders? (I have literally no experience with this)

Also, and probably more important...I backed up all my processes and system settings. Can I restore them after the upgrade? Or will I need to build the processes from scratch again?

Thanks!! Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
brahn

Re: Deciding to upgrade to 4.0

Post by brahn »

It would be possible to build something like the HMI from 3.7 using the new API, however if you're asking the question it's probably not something you could do yourself.

Yes, there is a migration utility that will take your 3.7 configs and apply them to the BCS running 4.0. I always recommend double checking things to make sure everything migrated successfully but you shouldn't experience any issues.

Also, you can always go back to 3.7 after you upgrade to 4.0. There is nothing that will prevent you from loading an older version of the firmware. I'd suggest doing the upgrade and then if for some reason you don't like it, downgrade back to 3.7.
faintinggoat

Re: Deciding to upgrade to 4.0

Post by faintinggoat »

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I will double check all of backed up processes!!