I don’t think I’m an idiot, but I have no idea what to do.

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
Verboten1
Bot?: No

I don’t think I’m an idiot, but I have no idea what to do.

Post by Verboten1 »

I have a BCS-460 that I am trying to set up as a fermentation controller. The documentation has no examples for fermentation, and for the life of me, I can’t figure it out. I think I understand processes and states, and I for sure know about ladder logic, but I have no clue how to program this thing, I want to control 3 fermenters, and the chiller. I’ve read everything I’ve found and still have no idea. I guess if you want to make someone feel like a moron, throw them into this?? Is there any examples of programming for this?

Thanks
Last edited by Verboten1 on Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jward

Re: I don’t think I’m a idiot, but I have no idea what to do.

Post by jward »

I use a 460 to control a freezer/chiller and 2 pumps to control temperature on 2 fermenters. At this point it only uses 1 state and in that state I have the temperature control the power to the cold, and the 2 pumps for recirculation. I have done some stuff with ladder logic and a second state to add a glycol level indicator to protect the pumps but eventually ended up with just using the single state and straight forward direct temperature control.
Verboten1

Re: I don’t think I’m a idiot, but I have no idea what to do.

Post by Verboten1 »

Thanks for that, I think I’ve figured out how to do this, I do have 2 states now, cooling and heating, it’s just sitting in the air right now and as the room heats up and cools down it switches as I would expect it to.
Attachments
1431FA00-1BB1-45E6-A187-CDE4EB084A63.jpeg
1431FA00-1BB1-45E6-A187-CDE4EB084A63.jpeg (622.42 KiB) Viewed 8045 times