Sample States...

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
shvanbommel

Sample States...

Post by shvanbommel »

Is there a possibility to create a section for sample/basic machine states or functional examples to get an idea of how to properly program the 460? For example how would I program my 460 just to monitor temperature in my fermentation chamber?
Thanks!
Sebastian
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: Sample States...

Post by ECC »

I agree, we need more examples!

I'd like to expand on the examples page of the wiki here: System Examples. I hope that members will also contribute to the wiki as well.

What do you think would be the most beneficial? I had been thinking of a simple state machine that used a few timers to transition through a few states, maybe asserting an output or two. Do you think that would be helpful? I can post the configuration file as well so that you can load it up on your system and run it. I think the best way to figure out the whole state machine concept is to see it running on your box.

The only problem with running someone else's config file is if you have your system wired up, it may turn on outputs that you don't want it to turn on. But an easy solution for this is to unplug the green connector that's wired to your stuff.

And to answer your question about temperature monitoring, you don't have to program anything to monitor the probe readings. Just wire them up and you can monitor the temperature with the main control page, as well as the datalog page.
shvanbommel

Post by shvanbommel »

I figured it was as easy as hooking it up and watching but my probes (even after calibrating) register at 350.0... any ideas?
shvanbommel

Post by shvanbommel »

I'm sorry, I suppose I should finish answering your question... I agree that it would be tough to disable someone elses outputs on their config file for the sake of examples but what if there was a section that outlined line by line with explanation on eachstate process or an entire brew day for say... RIMS config, HERMS Config, Electric HLT, Electric Keggle, Gas Kettle with and without gas control etc. etc. all to include pumps, i'm assuming that when you are using something like this you have at least 1 pump, it would be nice to see an entire setup with 1 pump, 2 pumps, 3 pumps, etc. etc. perhaps i'm just not understanding all the documentation and i need functional examples (visual learner, i Rnt a gud reeeder :-))
S
ECC
Bot?: No

Post by ECC »

I just updated at least one configuration: http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... e_System_1

I also included the configuration file at the end so that people can try it out.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

I am a visual learner too.. what I need is a simple pump , HLT control with heaters. and setting timers so it will turn on by itself, recirculate with the pump while heating with two electric heaters while looking at a temp probe inline of the HLT out to pump hose. I guess it will be easier for me to learn once its wired up.
I am close to wiring up and playing with the BCS but I have been very busy doing other things.
TIA
slimer

Post by slimer »

Have you seen my electric example? I'm in the process of Draft 3 and will complete the mechanical setup by week's end.

If you need any help, let me know.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

Thanks slimer. I will look for it ..
Brett

Edit: I did find your wiring diagram but I was more interested in the processes and states in the BCS part of the system. Am I missing that?
slimer

Post by slimer »

I'm in the process of outlining what I want to do and then convert it into sample states. Should be done soon, hopefully today or tomorrow, with my write-up.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

looking forward to it. I ran the new dual 20amp GFCI outlets yesterday and need to rewire the relays to the heaters. today or tomorrow.
I should pick up a couple of more relays. incase I get another pump, switching valve. or stir motor.