Web Input?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
CJKogut
Bot?: No

Web Input?

Post by CJKogut »

OK, I am a new user and love the BCS 460. I have built a control panel and can control all my pumps, solenoid and gas valves just like I seem to want to and have and love the iphone app. But one of things I have not figured out are the 4 web inputs. What are they for, how can they be used, and how are they set up?

Not my only question for sure, but its a start.
clearwaterbrewer

Re: Web Input?

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

They are momentary buttons that you can assign under "Edit Processes" --> "Current State Properties" --> "Web Input Buttons for this Process".

Then in your "State Exit Conditions", you would select WIN0 is 'ON' and select your new state that you would like to go to when button is pressed.

-mike
ranger9913

Post by ranger9913 »

So this would be an instance where you might need to physically change hoses or pumps, then you would hit you "WIN0" and the next state would engage?
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

Think of it as a 'soft switch', that can do pretty much anything a 'hard switch' can do, but no wiring required. Good for simulating how you want a hard switch to act before wiring, or for being different things for different processes you may load on your BCS, and you don't have to re-label the physical switch.. I use one for a 'continue' button to start mash-in, start mash, etc... and I also use one for an 'acknowledge alert' which I use for things like hop additions and DFIM (Don't Forget the Irish Moss)

using multiple exit conditions, you can have this and a momentary hard switch do the same thing, just makes it more convenient across the room..

-mike
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

ranger9913 wrote:So this would be an instance where you might need to physically change hoses or pumps, then you would hit you "WIN0" and the next state would engage?
Yes. I have used these buttons before as a "change hose" situation. Once the hoses are changed, press the button and the next step is started. You can also use it to advance between processes during the mash. Maybe you want to pause before "start mash". Lots of options.