trouble with resetcpu.dat and response codes

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
bbrally
Bot?: No

trouble with resetcpu.dat and response codes

Post by bbrally »

I've been writing a custom interface for the BCS and have been using the open interface files for some of the control features.

All that I've used work fine except resetcpu.dat

The controller does get reset, but the controller returns no response. Eventually I get a network error.

I could just ignore this error and carry on, but I like the ability to use the errors to trace network problems I may be having.

To test this I opened the web console in Firefox and entered "http://192.168.10.111/resetcpu.dat". No response returned there either.

Have I overlooked something, or could there be a bug with resetcpu.dat?
ChuckO2999

Re: trouble with resetcpu.dat and response codes

Post by ChuckO2999 »

How could a reset of the CPU send a response? When it restarts it will not have a record of what reset it, just like a cold start when power is applied. The fact that it continues to communicate should be sufficient. If not, set a register, test for it, send the reset and test the register again.

What language/system are you using to write the interface? I've started working on one using Delphi, as that is what I am most familiar with.

Chuck
bbrally

Re: trouble with resetcpu.dat and response codes

Post by bbrally »

That makes total sense. Anything involving networks its very foreign to me, though this maybe should have been obvious. Thanks.

I'm writing it in actionscript, as it's what I have the easiest access to.