Question on multiple processes

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
bbrally
Bot?: No

Question on multiple processes

Post by bbrally »

If I have more than one process running and all processes try to control the same output, which one has priority.

It seems as though it's the process turning the output on. Therefor any process can turn the out on, but all processes must have the process off in order for it to go out. Correct?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Question on multiple processes

Post by JonW »

The process with the higher number gets priority. I like how this is implemented. In my setup, process 0 does MLT functions, process 1 does HLT functions and process 2 does fly sparging functions. When I kick off fly sparging, it overrides the valve configurations and burner outputs that the MLT & HLT processes were previously controlling.

I previously relied on this higher level priority functionality for my workflow, but now with the ability to spawn and kill processes (from other processes), it's not as important.
bbrally

Re: Question on multiple processes

Post by bbrally »

I just tried this and you are right. When I tried figuring this out last night, I was controlling the processes in the other order. (Lower number processes having higher priority) and it seemed to only be the "on" state that had priority.

Thanks for clearing that up.