Notification

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
dennisda
Bot?: No

Notification

Post by dennisda »

Is there anyway to externally receive notification from the BCS? Specifically I'm thinking of something that could be monitored on the network. One thing I'd like to do is utilize some of the existing 'notification' infrastructure i've got (to like detect when stuff is failing in network, etC) to give me notifications of brewing status.

My thought is this could externalize a lot of stuff that people might want, like text message notification, etc.

I've got a physical light/buzzer, but it would be great if i could just grab notifications of timers running out, etc.

Maybe I can do that with the existing interfaces somehow, but I'm not seeing it if I can...

thanks
-den
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Notification

Post by JonW »

The problem with this is that what you want to send notifications for would be unlimited. e.g. when a timer runs out, when a timer hits a certain time, when a temp hits a certain time, when a process starts or stops, etc. Because of this, you would need a full rule building interface just like the current process/states that define your brewing processes. I think that would be too much to be included in the BCS unit itself.

A better approach would be a desktop app that you could define rules in and it would monitor the BCS for all the processes, states, temps, timers, etc. and fire the rules accordingly. I use home automation software that does it this way. This wouldn't be that hard of an app to do in Delphi or vb.net.