Using wireless access point??

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
tarheels

Re: Using wireless access point??

Post by tarheels »

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... 3#Overview

what do i need to buy/do to setup wireless bcs to this router.
Thanks
np0x
Bot?: No

Post by np0x »

A networking guru who can come to your house and help you set it up...I am a proponent of hard wiring it, just run a long length of cat-5 and skip the wireless piece. Networking(nothing to do with the bcs) is complicated...when you get the wireless stuff involved and gateway, firewalls, port forwarding, you will need to know what you are doing...not sure this is something you can be told how to do...you kinda need to just know or have someone who does at your disposal.

IMHO or my two cents...Good luck!
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

np0x wrote:A networking guru who can come to your house and help you set it up...I am a proponent of hard wiring it, just run a long length of cat-5 and skip the wireless piece. Networking(nothing to do with the bcs) is complicated...when you get the wireless stuff involved and gateway, firewalls, port forwarding, you will need to know what you are doing...not sure this is something you can be told how to do...you kinda need to just know or have someone who does at your disposal.

IMHO or my two cents...Good luck!
+1
Broph

Post by Broph »

You need a wireless bridge (like the Dlink product that was referred to in an earlier reply or an Apple Airport Express). I was using the same Dlink wireless bridge in my setup, but found that it wasn't very reliable, so recently I splurged and purchased an Airport Express as it's replacement. The Airport Express seems to work much easier and more reliably + I can use it to broadcast my tunes into my garage with the same device.

Regardless if you use the Dlink product or the Apple Airport Express, you have to plug the device into a computer to set them up initially before you can use them (just follow their directions). After they have been setup, you can unplug them from the computer, then set the device up with your BCS. Just plug a small CAT5 patch cable from the BCS into the device.

Another thing you should do is reserve the IP address of your BCS within your Routers setup. You can do this by entering in the MAC address of your BCS. This way if you have a power failure the IP address of the BCS will always be the same. When trying to using the bcs browser interface you'll want to type in the ip address of the bcs , not the wireless device that it is plugged into.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery