Manual control during a running process?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
datamike

Manual control during a running process?

Post by datamike »

Is there a way to manually control an output while a process is running? Example: during sparge, I have two pumps running and two PID controlled burners. Late in the sparge when I've collected enough water in my MLT, I'd like to be able to turn off the one burner and the one pump. What's the best and/or easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Michael

ECC
Bot?: No

Re: Manual control during a running process?

Post by ECC »

Hi Mike. Great looking setup.

An output can be manually controlled as long as it isn't being controlled by an active state. I think the cleanest way to accomplish what you want is to add a new state. The first "Sparge" state will have both pumps and burners controlled as you describe, and then you could exit to the next state (via Win button or float switch), where only one pump and one burner are controlled.
datamike

Re: Manual control during a running process?

Post by datamike »

ECC wrote:Hi Mike. Great looking setup.

An output can be manually controlled as long as it isn't being controlled by an active state. I think the cleanest way to accomplish what you want is to add a new state. The first "Sparge" state will have both pumps and burners controlled as you describe, and then you could exit to the next state (via Win button or float switch) to the next state, where only one pump and one burner are controlled.
Thanks! I kinda came to the same conclusion, but wasn't sure if that was the only way. I am still getting used to the whole "state" way of thinking. The controller is working great by the way!

Michael