Newly purchased BrewBuddy crashes!

iPhone Apps created to interface with BCS Control Systems
mahleywc
Bot?: No

Newly purchased BrewBuddy crashes!

Post by mahleywc »

My BCS 460 arrived today. Connected it to the router, fired it up, punched the IP address into Explorer and whoopie it worked! Next stop, BrewBuddy for my iPhone 6+..., paid the fee, downloaded, opened and CRASH! Opened and CRASH! Etc., etc., etc. looks like no updates since 2010. Developer's site is active but sparse at best. What gives! Anyone used this app lately?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Newly purchased BrewBuddy crashes!

Post by JonW »

That app only worked with the 3.x series.

I'd suggest loading the Chrome browser on your iPhone and using the 4.x series interface.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I use it with Safari on my iPhone to run all my brew days.
mahleywc

Post by mahleywc »

Brain, what model iPhone do you have, what IOS version? I have an iPhone 6+ on 9.2.2.
mahleywc

Post by mahleywc »

JonW, do you mean installing Chrome on my IOS device and just accessing the BCS as from a PC?

Thanks very much for your help...
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yes, Chrome on your IOS device. I have issues with Safari on my iphone 6 but Chrome works just fine.
mahleywc

Post by mahleywc »

Answered my own question. Just punched the IP address into Safari on my iPad and the GUI showed up. Sorry for the unnecessary babble. I certainly will have more worthy questions as I work my way through the more challenging aspects of automating my operation.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I've got an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3 public beta currently, but last time I brewed I was still on 9.2 or 9.2.1. Works great on Safari for everything I use it for. Haven't tried it in Chrome for iOS, but Chrome for iOS uses Apple's rendering and javascript libraries.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Safari on my iPhone 6 w/ 9.2 doesn't ever finish loading the BCS web page. Chrome on the iPhone works fine for me.

I've tested trying to connect to 3 different BCS's all running 4.0.1. I'll push one back to 4.0.0 and see if it makes a difference.

Edit: Just did a quick test on 4.0.0 with my phone and it still doesn't load. I have several other IOS devices in the house, so I'll test with some other ones when I get a chance.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Another update to my IOS testing.... Seems that my problem is somehow limited to just my iPhone 6 that doesn't load. I just tested an iPhone 5, my wifes iPhone 6 and an older ipad and they both work just fine with Safari.

Edit: Problem resolved. Don't use "Private" browsing in Safari!