Support for the Iphone App

iPhone Apps created to interface with BCS Control Systems
wrupp53150

Support for the Iphone App

Post by wrupp53150 »

Where's the best place to discuss the Iphone app? I haven't seen a thread anywhere else, so I'll start one here to see what others think.

I've noticed a few things that would be nice if they were fixed. The temperture graphs don't scale properly, and I would like to see my timers if that can be done.

Anyone else using this?
----------------------------------
BCS-460 owner and loving it..
np0x
Bot?: No

Re: Support for the Iphone App

Post by np0x »

Yeah, I hear ya, the community aspect of the apple store isn't really there. So, this will do for now. I posted an update last week hopefully available by end of this week that fixes the temperature probe scaling issue as well as a handful of other big fixed you don't yet realize you need. :)

I have also been thinking about the timers. I will need to add another screen for that display, but I have been still pondering how I want to do this. A screen with all the timers for all the processes? A screen that somehow shows a selector for a process then shows that processes timers? Like I said still mulling. The next update you get will allow you to adjust temperature set points. Plus it's another big step forward in terms of stability. I was experiencing some crashes on the earlier versions that I have fixed.

All comments are welcome as long as they are positive. :)
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
np0x

Post by np0x »

quick prototype for the 1.3 inclusion of timers....

Still need to update the icons in the tab bar, for now, i used the monitor icon, which I think I will update to not look like a clock now that timers are going in.... :)
np0x

Post by np0x »

As is often the way without a proper QA department, i fixed a bug not but a few hours after the 1.2 release was released by Apple that makes the temperature set point adjustment not stable. Not sure how it worked for me the way the code was, but it's fixed and will be working properly in 1.3..It works in most cases, but fails in a couple of others.
wrupp53150

Post by wrupp53150 »

I got the 1.2 update yesterday. Glad to see the scalling fixed.

I also like the timers. I don't know the iphone dev tools, but it it possible to break out to a different screen with each process? My ideal screen woul have four buttons on the bottom for each process, with each process having a display for the Output status, timers, process state, temps, win buttons, all on the same screen.

Perhaps it's a bit too busy of a screen for the touch, but I can dream.. Perhaps it's time to find a stylus somewhere. :D
wrupp53150

Post by wrupp53150 »

I see 1.3 made it out today.. I haven't had a chance to look yet, but I should tonight. :D
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

I bought the app last week, today I connected and all is fine but I can't get the alarm to work.

Do I make a mistake somewhere or does this app not support the alarm?
bonanza

Post by bonanza »

Is there any other way to get support on this app?

15 USD for an Iphone app is something, I bought it only to have the alarms ringing while I'm processing.