Brewbuddy for Android?

Android Apps created to interface with BCS Control Systems
ohio-ed
Bot?: No

Re: Brewbuddy for Android?

Post by ohio-ed »

Got my Droid X this week.

I haven't tried to "use" it yet, but I can see it with the standard browser.

A dedicated app would be sweet. Now get to work :D
jpold

Post by jpold »

Just got my Droid 2, so +1 from me.
brewmastershake

Post by brewmastershake »

+1
jdm

Post by jdm »

+1 !!! Anxiously hoping /awaiting!!!!!
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

I haven't been tracking this closely.. Is there an app as of yet? I got my droid x a few days ago.
jfreise

Post by jfreise »

+1, I have a Droid X.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

+1
Flash works on my Captivate with 2.1,but I have not checked it out with the controller.
My system is still in the fabrication phase. :cry:
clifwlkr

Post by clifwlkr »

Flash does in fact work on an Android.... I am actually in the process of creating flash based brewing system software, and I have done a real simple app targeted at the android. Here is a screen shot:

Nothing fancy, just the basics for monitoring my system while wandering around the house. Will add the timer here soon as well, as I use that. It is all based around a flash library that abstracts all of the bcs open api stuff, so I can put things together quickly. To show the full potential of what I am doing, here is a shot of my flash based app for an 800x600 industrial touchscreen on my brew rig:

The buttons on the right are getting cut off on this forum, but if you follow this link, you can see the whole picture: http://www.tomichicreek.com/brewerycontrol2.png

The pipes animate when the pump is running, and the hlt heating element turns yellow when on, and black when off. The status indicators in the middle are green when on, grey when off. The title in the middle is the current running state name. The 'next state' button is actually win0. My system is a herms system, where I heat the hlt with electric, and do the boiling in a seperate kettle manually with gas.

The idea is they are meant to complement each other and let me do the real work (including setting the mash and auto programming the bcs based on that for my system) on the industrial computer, and monitor/do the basics on my phone while wandering about if needed.

What are people looking for in an app for the android? I am talking just the basics to make it useful for people. I might be able to put something together.

Jim Olsen
jkurl

Post by jkurl »

I am thinking about getting a 7" android tablet as this would allow me to use this instead of getting a very small computer and LCD touch screen.
jkurl

Post by jkurl »

just got my android tablet come on brew buddy for the android system. android tablets are alot cheaper than ipad so if brew buddy comes to android score for us.