oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: My version of the HMI builder

Post by oakbarn »

punk_rock wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:44 pm
bbrally wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:27 pm
If this is a valve you manually turn on/off, then the only way currently, would be to assign it an output your system is currently not using and program that output to reflect the change you want.
I did use my last available output for my manual valves. I wish I would have bought the 462. It might be time to upgrade.

Thanks for the reply!
I do not even have enough outs on the 462! I do use one for valves but I have a solid manifold that is kept in place. There are a lot of valves. I am not in front of it but I think I have 23 valves. I also have 9 Temperature Probes so I switch the wire (M12 Disconnect) between 2 probes (one in Mash and then switch to Cooling Water when I am transferring to Fermentor.
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

Bbrally - thanks for all your hard your work on this GUI which is fantastic. I picked up on this just a few days ago and have since been using your http://bbrally.altervista.org/guibeta/index.html site to draw up a nice canvas for my HERMS brewery (BCS462) here in England. I'm really pleased with the result - it brings my system to life and is great for demos and showing brew club folks how the whole thing works - so thanks again. I did a wet run using a CIP cleaning process and everything worked fine.

As you've asked for feed back, I hope this is useful. The only funtionality 'issue' (if you can call it that) I had was with the DINs. I use SS (Chinese / on or off) floats in my HLT and BK. In the former I have two - an adjustable (for 5 or 10 galls processes) and tank full float - FYI I use the volume between floats to adjust parameters like mash and sparge volumes. In the BK, I also have an adjustable float (variable for either 5 or 10 galls), to prevent overflows and for post-boil top-up; the BK also has a lower float to prevent the elec heater element firing when the levels are low. OK that's the boring bit....

....so I used your site's Text objects to represent each of these 4 floats in position, allocated respective DIN numbers and labels to each so they would change from green (Float OFF) to red (Float ON).

Although the process went well (btw I'm loving the direct clickable control of the output objects) and the floats all performed their duties perfectly for Exit Conditions, their text / colour didn't change. The screen read-outs in fact didn't represent the floats' actual positions. In fact some strange things were happening - like if I clicked the heater element the float value would flip from green/off to red/on or vice versa - apparently the heater 'on' command was driving the change. Manually flipping the floats up and down made no difference (except when I clicked on the heater which as I mentioned, seemed to trip the change).

I ran out of time in trying to reproduce these issues; I also thought it might be something that you were already aware of... Anyhow, a key point is that the brew process is now so much more fun :) Thanks again.
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

This is a screen shot of my canvas.
Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 21.59.12.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 21.59.12.png (167.27 KiB) Viewed 111886 times
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

I'm glad you found the program useful. I wasn't aware of any problems with the dins, and I'm away from my computer for another week. I'll look into it when I get back home. Thanks for the feedback.
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

Thanks a lot. In case you need it, here's the link to my canvas - let me know if this doesn't work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cgT_4e ... sp=sharing
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I was having an issue with a DIN and I thought it was me as it had worked fine before. I redid all mine and I was having trouble with the DiIN as well. Did not report as I thought it was as me. I am away as well and cannot test any fix
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

FYI, some reproducible test results on my system (below) which may help demonstrate the issue mentioned.

These are results from four float DIN scenarios i.e. 2 x OFF or ON, with Text box results (Flow ON - red, or Float OFF - green) from BCS Graphical Interface.

Scenario 1: DIN1 (overflow/top float) OFF / DIN0 (adjustable float) OFF
GUI:
HLT heater OFF: OFF / OFF
HLT heater ON: OFF / ON
HLT heater OFF and Refresh: OFF / OFF

Scenario 2: DIN1: ON / DIN0: ON
GUI:
HLT heater ON: ON / OFF
HLT heater OFF and refresh: OFF / OFF

Scenario 3: BCS: DIN1: OFF / DIN0: ON
GUI:
HLT heater ON: OFF / OFF

Scenario 4: DIN1: ON / DIN0: OFF
GUI:
HLT heater ON: ON / ON

Also of possible relevance:
1. Firing the HLT heater activated these DINS whereas the firing the BK heater has no effect on them.
2. Firing HLT Heater also activates BK floats ON/OFF.
3. Seems that any Text box with DIN=0 has effect analogous to the floats (above).

This is as far as I got. Hope this is useful to get some clues on what the problem might be.

As mentioned, the floats are either on or off rather than ‘normally on’ or ‘normally off’ - maybe relevant??
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Work is once again getting in the way of my life. So I'm another two weeks from having access to my computer. I only have a phone till then.

But I've managed to find the problem, simple really. It affected dins from both text and image objects.

I believe I have it fixed, but I have no way to test it.

Give it a try and let me know if you could.
Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

Thanks for this. Apologies, but I'm unable to test the fix because I had to dismantle my brewery due to pending building works. It won't be operational for a few more months. However, really appreciate your time on this and will look forward to testing as soon as I can. Maybe oakbarn will check this out as he also noted some DIN issues I think.
FYI, I redid my canvas to avoid loops - I hadn't picked up on this and it seemed to work OK, but this now has a cleaner look and feel. Here's the screenshot:

Timbrew

Post by Timbrew »

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 20.00.23.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 20.00.23.png (192.17 KiB) Viewed 111819 times