BCS-482 Specifications (replacement for BCS-460/462)

Things to come.
Namako
Bot?: No

Re: BCS-482 Specifications (replacement for BCS-460/462)

Post by Namako »

Broph wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:28 pm
The bottom terminals do not have a snug fit to them no matter how much you push them in. They come out easily. The top terminals are very snug and do not move.
All four of mytermnal blocks fall out on thir own with not much more than a slight breeze. I don't see anything that I can adjust or tighten to increase the friction... maybe use some glue? Then again, I can't imagine the pins making solid electrical contact with the header sockets either, even if the header were to be glued in.
Indecision may or may not be my problem...
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Just got mine. The headers are all tight and I would have to pry them out like on my BCS 462. Looks like it is an issue for you.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

bcs482 back.png
bcs482 back.png (164.16 KiB) Viewed 808474 times
Last edited by oakbarn on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

We are going to make new end caps from thinner material. They will be mailed out to any person that is having an issue. Like Oakbarn said of his unit, my terminal strips are also tight, but we can definitely see how some are having issues. In the interim, you may be able to adjust the board in the case or simply remove the end cap. We'll get this rectified!!

Oakbarn, the back legend is as follows:
Reset button
Power indicator
RS-485 port - for expansion boards and 3rd party device support (in addition to the rear-facing internal expansion board)
USB port - for flashing firmware
I2C port - for existing and new LED displays
Broph

Post by Broph »

JonW wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:47 pm
We are going to make new end caps from thinner material. They will be mailed out to any person that is having an issue.
Thanks! I did remove the endcap and then was able to get the bottom terminals to "snap" into place(with no endcap installed), so I am sure a thinner endcap will solve my issue.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
BREWMASON

Post by BREWMASON »

Received the power supply with just the plug. Brewers Hardware confirmed we need to cut the cord. Do we plug in (wire#1)to one of the far left plugs 12v and the second wire to ground?
Broph

Post by Broph »

BREWMASON wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:52 pm
Received the power supply with just the plug. Brewers Hardware confirmed we need to cut the cord. Do we plug in (wire#1)to one of the far left plugs 12v and the second wire to ground?
That's how I powered mine up.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
Broph

Post by Broph »

JonW wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

- USB Jack for simpler firmware updates
Advanced Data Logging
Data is logged internally in the device, and displayed on your browser, or saved as a text file. The BCS-482 supports internal logging of four signals up to 4k samples each. The user can set the frequency of the samples anywhere from 1 second to 6 hours, resulting in trace lengths anywhere from 1.1 hours to 2.8 years long.
I found a cable that came with a Logitech TV remote that has the same USB connection as the BCS-482. will the firmware updates for the BCS-482 just be a matter of connecting a computer to it?

Data Logging - How do I save to a text file with my BCS-482?
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Along with doing an update:

Wiring: Do we need the ac ground connected to the BCS 482 GND. Will it hurt if we do? I also assume you put the 12 vdc - to the GND. I am installing my new BCS 482 and using my existing wiring for the most part. I am going to leave my DC SSRs and just use the regular control signal to the SSRs (I only have 2 that are 12 vdc regardless).
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

oakbarn wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:51 pm
Along with doing an update:

Wiring: Do we need the ac ground connected to the BCS 482 GND. Will it hurt if we do? I also assume you put the 12 vdc - to the GND. I am installing my new BCS 482 and using my existing wiring for the most part. I am going to leave my DC SSRs and just use the regular control signal to the SSRs (I only have 2 that are 12 vdc regardless).
I contacted Brewers Hardware. The AC Ground is not needed unless a very noisy electronic environment. I am just replacing a BCS 462 with a new
BCS 482 an am using my existing wiring. The AC Ground does not need to be removed if you already have your grounding that way. The Temp circuits have some internal filtering so the reason for the AC Ground is generally gone. You do need to connect the 12 vdc (-) to any of the GND and the 12 vdc (+) to one of the 12V IN.