BCS 482 Hard Fail: Lost Connection

Get help and insight.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

BCS 482 Hard Fail: Lost Connection

Post by oakbarn »

11/04/2018 9:55 am. Hard Failure with lost connection while Brewing. I powered cycled and ALL OUTS were ON including some dry pumps! Reset Button and Restore from Backup.

Just Prior to the lost connection I was using the Temp Up Widget on an LED Temp Gauge on Process 1. It was on State 7. I think the Probe was Probe 4. I had also used the Temp Setpoint Adjustment Page just prior to the Up Widget. I cannot get it to do it again with what I think I was doing. I am going to try to document this type of failure as this is my third one since I built my processes from scratch. I was also in the Process Editor earlier.
oakbarn

Re: BCS 482 Hard Fail: Lost Connection

Post by oakbarn »

11/6/2018
Hard Fail:No Connection error Once again.

I had:

Process 7 Running: State 1

I changed an input 4 from NO to NC in Ladder Logic
I changed Register 7 in State 2 to Unchecked
I changed Register 7 in State 3 to Checked and the BCS Lost Connection.

The fact that the Process was running may have contributed to the Issue.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

11/08/18 11:52

I was using the Process Editor to change some Setpoints in Process 7: States 1-7 (All Hysteresis on Out # 6)
State 0 has no Setpoints.
I changed them from 145 to 160 and changed swing from 4 to 2.
I changed the Exit on State 1 to Exit on Temp Probe 2 => 140 to => 160
I then decided to change them all from 160 to 155.
I changed the Exit on State 1 to Exit on Temp Probe 2 => 160 to => 155
I then changed each state. When I changed State 7, Hard Fail as above.

Cannot repeat failure.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I think I might have contributed to the failures as I had restored a Keg Cleaning Process (Process 7) that might have been from a 462 Backup. I know that restoring a Backup from a 462 to 482 will cause these exact issues where editing the Process Editor causes a failure. I restored both the Process 7 and the Settings from a Previous Backup. I am going to rebuild that Process from the start and see if that solves the problem.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

There is definitely a glitch here and we are working on isolating it. I have a new firmware that I'm testing to see if it fixes it.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

11/28/2018 11:02

I was using the Process Editor to tweak a few things and turning Processes off and On many times. I was changing some Intial Time Values in Process Editor for Process 1 State 3 when I lost connection.

When I cycled the BCS Power Off and On, it looks like it did a Reset to Defaults. Fortunately I have a backup.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Well the restore took some time. First Restore Failed. I powered off the BCS 482 and got the classic fail with all Outs on. I did a manual Reset to Defaults and then Restored. That worked.
traprock

Post by traprock »

I'm having similar issues with the BCS-482 and changing the setpoint temperature while a process is running. Whenever I the "Temp up or down" on the temp gauge it will crash the network interface. That seems to happen when the process is running. I haven't experienced it within the Process edit while the process is not running - yet.