Adding more temp sensors to BCS-460

Expand the capabilities of your BCS.
redbeard
Bot?: No

Adding more temp sensors to BCS-460

Post by redbeard »

Hi all

Is there an expansion card that allows more than 4 temp sensors for the BSC-460?

Cheers
Hunt
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Adding more temp sensors to BCS-460

Post by JonW »

No, you can't add any temp sensors to the 460. You'd have to go to a 462 to get more. On the bright side, resale values for BCS units has been pretty good. ;)
redbeard

Post by redbeard »

Bugger

I don't think I can justify the price difference between the 460 and the 462 as I only want another 1, MAYBE 2 temp sensors.

Although looking on the store page the 462 is out of stock anyway.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

If you don't need to use the temp probes at the same time, you can wire two to a relay and switch between them.
clearwaterbrewer

Post by clearwaterbrewer »

redbeard wrote:Bugger

I don't think I can justify the price difference between the 460 and the 462 as I only want another 1, MAYBE 2 temp sensors.

Although looking on the store page the 462 is out of stock anyway.
another 460 can be added if you program a webserver to front end both of them... and $187.00 might seem like a bunch for a single temp sensor, but how many other web accessible temp sensors are out there for less than $187.00??? If you just wanted a temp display, you could go get a cheapie thermometer... Realistically, the 460 is ridiculously cheap for what it does, and a 2nd one will always come in handy... think separate fermentation controller, or christmas lights... I have spent 5x the cost of a BCS over the years on wireless digital thermometers that all crap out after a year or three...