Wiki account to upload and use HMI graphics?

Using the HMI Builder and creating custom interfaces for the BCS.
Yorg
Bot?: No

Wiki account to upload and use HMI graphics?

Post by Yorg »

In the Wiki it has an 'Updated' to say to 'email us' so an administrator can allow the creation of a wiki account, so that I can upload images and use them from the ecc site, to avoid the long path names on other servers.
Eh, what email who at what address?
Yorg

Re: Wiki account to upload and use HMI graphics?

Post by Yorg »

I'd like to use the HMI.
Anybody out there?
aleforce

Post by aleforce »

If you have a GMail account you could use Google Sites. It allows you to host a free website. You could easily upload your HMI images there. Go to http://sites.google.com for more info.
Off We Go Into The Wild Brew Yonder!
Yorg

Post by Yorg »

OK, I have a google site, but how do I provide a url to an image - I can't see how to load an image to the site that isn't just part of a web page, and I don't think that will work will it?
aleforce

Post by aleforce »

After going to your google site, at the top right is a create page (+ sign on a page icon) icon and an edit page icon (looks like a pencil). Click on the edit page icon, on the left side click on Insert. A menu appears, select image. Locate the image on your computer the select ok. once the image is uploaded and the page is saved you'll see it on the site. Make sure to keep the image name as small as possible, because the BCS has a character length limit. I believe 65 characters... The google site url takes up quite a bit of it.
Off We Go Into The Wild Brew Yonder!
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Dropbox will also work. You can store you image and get the path when you right click on the image in dropbox (must be in "Public" folder